ZPower, an industry leader in rechargeable battery technology is growing, and actively looking for a Senior Test Engineer who will lead the product testing efforts and take ownership of engineering documentation to ensure product quality. Since 1996, ZPower has been a pioneer in the commercialization and innovation of silver-zinc batteries for use in multiple applications, providing high energy, rechargeable microbatteries for hearing aids, medical devices, and wearable and portable electronics. If you value quality and are determined to ensure only the best products are produced, are highly analytical, detail oriented, take initiative, embrace challenges, and are a results oriented engineering professional, this role may be for YOU!
The role and expectations include, yet are not limited to:
Leading cross-functional teams to support quality and manufacturing requirements in production. Performing test designs, monitor test equipment, production yields, and ensure product quality. Responsible for engineering documentation in the area of test ownership. Correcting process and test equipment issues and anticipate problems before they arise.
Communicating and collaborating with Quality, Research and Development organizations to integrate new and improved products or tests into the manufacturing area.
Successful candidates will meet the following qualifications:
· BS/MS Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, and Chemical preferred)
· 15+ years process engineering experience in support of manufacturing.
· Test and measurement knowledge or experience with micro-size parts, preferred.
· Previous experience with engineering drawings and documentation, preferred.
· Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience, preferred
· Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access).
· Experience with CAD (Solidworks), preferred.
· Automated test programming & troubleshooting, preferred.
· Familiarity with statistics software (JMP, Minitab, Statistica) preferred